Week 4: Literature
I love reading and I always have. The last books that I have read in this year so far are:
- One L: The Turbulent and True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School
- Hannah's War
- Poison for Breakfast
- The Hate U Give
- Expanding the Borders of Zion
- Life with Big Al: Early Alzheimer's; a Caregiver's Diary
- A Monster Like Me
- A Brilliant Night of Stars and Ice
- Tuesdays with Morrie
- I Cried to Dream Again: Trafficking, Murder, and Deliverance-- A Memoir
- The Mundane
- Diary of an Oxygen Thief
- When Breath Becomes Air
All of these books caught my eye when at a bookstore/ library or were needed for a class. Overall the content of them is drastically different in each. "A Monster Like Me" for example is a children's novel. Although the message of the book can be for any age, the content and language were geared toward children. Other books like "The Hate U Give" and "I Cried to Dream Again" are more for adults, showing themes of racism, ignorance, and right versus wrong. At this point in my life, I love exploring more books like the later. Part of my purpose in reading is to learn about different perspectives and what other people experience.
I love that you keep a list of all of the books you've read this year! I have tried and failed many times to do the same thing. It is so interesting to be able to read so many different genres and types of books and be able to gain so much knowledge from all of them. I think it's really important to seek to gain other perspectives and love that you are using that knowledge that way!
ReplyDelete