Week 6: Social Media Fast START

 This week I was listening to a General Conference talk from President Nelson from October 2018. It is called "Sisters' Participation in the Gathering of Israel." In this talk, he gave four invitations. One of them was to do a 10-day social media fast. The second invitation was to read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year. I want to combine those two together and try to increase my spirituality. I plan to start my social media fast tomorrow and put the time I would spend on social media into reading the Book of Mormon instead. On average I spend between 1-2 hours on social media each day. Although not all of that time will be put toward reading the Book of Mormon, I want a majority of it to go that way. Other ideas of things to do instead of social media time are to read, meditate/ pray, call family, bake or cook, and clean.

I invite you to join me :) Let me know how it goes!

Comments

  1. I love your idea to replace your media use with something you determined to be more beneficial and productive. I think it's so easy to get lost in our usage but appreciate how intentional you're being. Hope your media fast goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makena! This talk is literally the reason I chose to go on a mission!! I listened to this talk and just started bawling with the biggest prompting that I needed to serve. I'm so glad you were listening to it! I love that you are doing a social media fast - I think it's so good to just get away and appreciate the world around us as often as we can. 10 days is a long time, but I will totally join you and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Flying